Meeting with the Chairman,HRCBy Veda | 10-Jan-2017
On our request, the Chairman, HRC has conducted a meeting with the Hyderabad Race Club Punters Association on 9.1.2017 at 11.15 AM and the following issues proposed by us were discussed and decisions were taken by the Chairman as under:
1. During the intervenue races, the sale of tote tickets are being stopped before the stall of two horses. On several occassions, after closure of the sale of tickets, horses were bolted out of gates or false starts are taken place, and due to which some horses were with drawn. If first favourite is happens is withdrawn, the punters have no choice to place a bet on alternative horse. Hence, it is represented to close the sale of tickets only after all the horses are stalled and just before the starter orders are given as in the case of Hyderabad races.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED TO ADOPT THE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED IN THE HYDERABAD RACES TO CLOSE THE SALE OF TICKETS JUST BEFORE THE STARTER ORDERS ARE GIVEN.
2. Non-smoking punters are suffering as the smokers are smoking in non-smoking areas. It is represented to post security guards to advise the smokers not to smoke in the non-smoking areas.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED TO POST SECURITY GUARDS FOR THIS PURPOSE.
3. It was proposed to replace the damaged bucket type of chairs in front of the track and also to place extra chairs in the ground floor of the members enclosure and first enclosure.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED TO REPLACE THE DAMAGED PLASTIC CHAIRS AND TO PLACE SOME MORE CHAIRS IN THE PROPOSED PLACES.
4.. It has been brought to the notice of the Chairman that the Security staff are behaving harshly and discourteous with the punters and requested to advise them to behave in a polite and courteous manner with the punters.
IT HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT THE SECURITY STAFF WILL BE COUNSILLED IN THIS REGARD.
5. It has been represented even after the contractor is changed, the food items that are being supplied at the canteens are not good. The contractor of the Grand hotel who was not maintaining properly was removed and the earlier contractor whom against several complaints were there was again entrusted the maintenance of the canteen. Requested to take steps for supply of qualitative food to the punters.
IT HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT THE CONTRACTOR OF THE GRAND HOTEL HAS APPROACHED THE HONOURABLE HHIGH COURT AND THE CASE IS PENDING AND THAT NECESSARY STEPS WILL BE TAKEN TO MAINTAIN QUALITY OF THE FOOD ITEMS IN DUE COURSE.
6. Now the club is charging Rs.130/- for cell badge for the general punters and Rs.50/- for the trainers, owners and members. It has been represented that there shall not be any discrimination for levy of cell badge charges between the general punters and the other exclusive group of people as the use of the cell is the same within the same premises and requested to charge only Rs.50/- from the general punters also.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED TO PLACE THE SUBJECT IN THE MEETING OF THE DIRECTORS TO TAKE APPROPRIATE DECISION.
7. The tote clerks are closing the windows inspite of several steps taken by the club. It has been suggested that the supervisors who are posted in the tote wings shall also be punished for closure of the windows as the punters are deprived from getting tickets.
IT HAS BEEN INFORMED STRICT MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN TO KEEP THE WINDOWS OPEN AND THAT ONE VENDING MACHINE IS INSTALLED ON AN EXPERIMENT BASIS AND MUCH MORE SUCH MACHINES WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE CLUB PREMISES FOR THE USE OF THE PUNRTERS.
8. It has been represented that the commentary is not properly audible and it has been reiterated to replace the audio system.
IT HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT THE SOUND ENGINEERS HAVE EXAMINED THE SYSTEM AND APPROPRIATE ACTION IS BEING TAKEN TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE AUDIO SYSTEM.
9. It has been represented that the horses are being led out of the parading ring immediately after the jockeys are mounted and it has neen suggested to parade the horses to make full round after the jockeys are mounted to assess the fitness of the horses are assessed.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED TO PARADE THE HORSES FULL ROUND AFTER THE JOCKEYS ARE MOUNTED.
10. It has been represented that stern steps/action has to be taken against the jockeys and trainers who are indulging in the malpractices in the races and steps taken shall be notified to the punters like levying of fines/suspensions etc. through news media and website.
IT HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT THE ERRING PROFESSIONALS ARE BEING FINED HEFTLY AND STEPS ARE BEING TAKEN TO CONDUCT OF RACES IN A TRANSPARANT WAY TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE AND THE MALPRACTICES IN THE RACING IS A COUNTRYWIDE PHENOMINA AND THE PUNISHMENTS AWARDED ARE BEING PUT IN THE HRC WEB SITE.
The meeting is attended by me as President and other office bearors. This is for information of the visitors of this site.