Top 10 Horse Racing Myths ..By TURF SENSATION | 11-Jul-2019
Most Common Horse Racing Myths:
Horse Racing is a sport full of Myths and Superstitions. Not only here, but this notion is equally common among the Westerners. I feel, its important to dispel some of the common misconceptions about Horse Racing.
Here are a few Racing Myths:
1) Most of the time, the Favourite loses if a horse is withdrawn at the gates.
2) Bet on a Gray, on a rainy day !!
3) Second last leg of the Jackpot is usually a fluke
4) Race 6, Horse 1, Draw 7....Rarely wins !!
5) Emergency colours ALL BLACK, rarely wins a race !!
6) All races are fixed !! Most common myth among the freshers in the sport. Agreed, doosra teesra do happen, but it takes a mammoth effort and co ordination to rig one...I guess !!
There may be lots more, and request readers to add a few that they know off....So that all of us can have a GOOD LAUGH !!
The sole intention of this topic is to burst the myths and misunderstanding about this lovely sport, and look at it in a much optimistic manner.
Horse Racing will always remain a sport of Skill & Luck, provided the Discipline and Limitations are maintained.