Indiarace.com - india's first & foremost horse racing portal

TOPIC DETAILS

Back to lists

Weather Plays Spoil Game

By S C SHARMA | 08-Aug-2019

It was feared by many that weather forecast and track condition will not be normal for conducive of racing at Mysore and Bangaluru for three-four day’s, considering last few days weather report —cloudy with drizzle, showers and rain and also fading light and poor visibility. Mysore and Bangaluru clubs were confident on carrying the show but as feared they forced to cancel yesterday last two races at Mysore and today’s last three races at Bangaluru and  the main event The Bangaluru Summer Million, Gr. III 6th race was postponed for tomorrow 9th August at 1pm.

It was noticed on 7th August at Mysore, that the going  was soft and penetrometer reading  was 3.9 cms and on 8th August at Bangaluru cloudy weather and penetrometer reading was 3.6 and by the time of announcement of postponement and cancellation of remaining races, the going become soft and penetrometer reading went up to 4.8 cms. Under such conditions it was not possible and feasible to conduct the races and hence after track inspection official announcement was made in this regard.The race course was looking totally water logged.

I don’t think the conditions will improve so fast by tomorrow to conduct the races and if club decides to keep the show go on than I advise the horse lovers to observe cautious and responsible approach while betting and if possible restrain themselves from betting because under such  weather and track conditions normally unexpected and surprise results come forward such as ‘Heberon’ in Mysore million on Wednesday. Wishing everyone good day and good luck.

Post Your reply

13 Replies

raghavan said ...

On : 09-08-2019 09:36 pm

Sharma jee,

Yesterday, Race no 5 was run in pouring rain.  Thank God, favorite won.  Gave a pittance for jackpot hunters.  O K.  Some thing is better than nothing.  

The stewards in their wisdom decided to run the races today.   Right or wrong should not be our concern.   The stewards will take decision taking everything into consideration and also the inputs from those who know what they are talking.  Our only concern should be whether to bet or not.  Today there were 10 races.  And, the results were not one sided.  Some races bookies won.  Some races punters won.   In the end, stewards proved correct.  

Rajaraman said ...

On : 09-08-2019 09:33 pm

Very Respected Sharma Saab I am juvenile compare to your experience in the field of this sport still you said it about Hebron  that's the jockey they use I removed because of jockey it's so called intelligent sport not at all  in this greedy sport we have to accept it no ifs &buts it's all with the concerned club Astra will with draw as per wishes who's these things will go on for life time every were not only here that's so called Speculation thanks for your postings 

Bobby said ...

On : 09-08-2019 01:07 pm

Cloudy with intermittent drizzle.

Gargav said ...

On : 09-08-2019 12:40 pm

Weather prediction seems more safer

Madstar said ...

On : 09-08-2019 12:19 pm

No rain from morning,soft going, it's not looking like going to rain heavily.

Penetrometer reading may be around 4.2

Srinivasan said ...

On : 09-08-2019 11:38 am

If you look at the web site www.accuweather.com you can see the clouds are moving away from bengaluru. I feel all the events runs smoothly as per the planned event.

Gargav said ...

On : 09-08-2019 11:37 am

Tips are not obliging, no system to give outsiders best is to become weatherman at least that PREDICTION I hope comes correct

Sammy said ...

On : 09-08-2019 11:20 am

What is the latest regarding rains at BTC? 

godzilla said ...

On : 09-08-2019 11:18 am

Excellent analysis like weatherman.

Suresh Singh said ...

On : 09-08-2019 10:27 am

Thank u very good suggestion

 

Zain said ...

On : 09-08-2019 09:06 am

Thankx s.c Sharma,can someone keep us updated regarding Bangalore weather so that non Bangalore's can get the update of weather...

Nitin A said ...

On : 09-08-2019 07:51 am

Very true Sir Thanks  for  your  suggestions 

ayyarnet said ...

On : 09-08-2019 02:10 am

Friends:

 

I do not think that the weather condition will improve tomorrow. In all fairness the BTC should postpone the entire program nextweek  thereby giving a chance to form horses to win the respective races.

Regards to all

ayyarnet