Points to be considered for better resultsBy L. Shyam Sunddar | 07-Apr-2020
Horse racing knowledge can fetch out good results if applied properly and if these steps are followed :
1. The first and foremost thing is that the you should have it in mind that the Handicappers are smart and tricky enough to confuse you, so you have to be very smart and careful in studying the each and every data for your calculations.
2. Be Positive and believe that the race today is going to be a fair race. This is because we often say that "oh shit I missed this point" after the upsetting winner.
3. Believe that any horse can win and you have to work out with every horse very carefully.
4. Always aim high, that is to say that you don't try only for the winners but also the second horse and the third horse in order. This attitude will give you more experience, patience and more focus. Do not get satisfied if you feel you have picked up the right winner, but also work out for other placing horses in order too. This attitude will make you an expert as well as bring more confidence in yourself.
5. Don't chase the loses, that will distract your mind and finally the loss amount will be multiplied.
6. There is always a clue about the winning or placing horse somewhere in the given data, it may be in the track work, or hidden data of a better horse.
7. Don't take unwanted risk to play on all the races, go only for your confident Selections.
8. A better option in racing class is to go for class 3 and class 4. To my experience these two classes, the horses have a reasonable bandwidth of speed ratings for easy and favourable handicapping.
9. If you bet on a winner at better odds, then bet on place too at a safer ratio.
10. As per my experience, I have watched carefully in many race days that the winner will be based on handicapping or from the track work study or from the hidden ratings, ie to say that a horse loses it's speed rating due to many reasons such as unfavorable jockey, unfavourable distance, and so on and we just avoid that horse assuming it in mind that the horse is not in the current form. But when that horse gets it's favourable handicaps, then it will hit the post.
11. It's always safe and better to go for place betting where you have 2 to 3 chances of getting money.
12. After completing your calculations, please investigate once more for the hidden data that you would have missed it and if there is a better horse than a highlighted horse in your handicapping or a better one than the favorite horse.