The Diabolical Handicap
Class 5 / Horses Rated 1-26
Winner:₹.125900 Second:₹.61980 Third:₹.36420 Fourth:₹.23640 Fifth:₹.7660 Total: ₹.255600
|Pl||H.No||Horse/Pedigree||Desc||Trainer||Jockey||Wt||Al||Dr||Sh||Won By||Dist Win||Rtg||Cl Odds||Time|
|1||10||4y dk b f||Vijay Singh||Hasib Alam||56||-4||9||A||3/4||2517||12||1:27.02|
|2||4||4y b c||Shafiq Khan||Imran Chisty||57.5||4||A||3 1/4||0.75||2620||7/2||1:27.14|
|3||6||4y dkb g||Bharath Singh||Sujit Kr Paswan||57||-2||7||A||NECK||4||1819||9/2||1:27.64|
|4||11||5y b c||Vikash Jaiswal||P S Chouhan||56||3||A||1/2||4||1717||11/4||1:27.68|
|5||9||6y b m||Javed Khan||P Tejeshwar||56.5||-3||2||S||3/4||4.5||1018||10||1:27.76|
|6||3||4y dkb g||Bharath Singh||C S Jodha||58.5||1||A||1 1/4||5.25||1622||9||1:27.90|
|7||8||6y b m||H S Bath||Neeraj Rawal||57||12||A||1/2||6.5||919||13/2||1:28.10|
|8||7||4y b f||Jasbir Singh||Rupal Singh||57||-2||8||S||1||7||1419||8||1:28.19|
|9||1||8y dk b g||Manvendra Singh||P Vikram||60||-3||6||A||2||8||1725||10||1:28.35|
|10||12||6y b g||Vikash Jaiswal||Md Imran||54.5||11||S||3/4||10||2414||12||1:28.66|
|11||5||5y dk b g||Vikash Jaiswal||Mohit Singh||57||10||A||DIST||10.75||1219||10||1:28.80|
|12||2||4y b f||James Mckeown||Mudassar Nazar||59||5||A||20.75||2323||15||1:40.48|
Tote Favourite: FIREBURG
|₹. 263||₹. 41||₹. 51||₹.36,₹.13,₹.19||₹.||₹.3148||₹. 4789 (13)||₹.|
Jockey Mudassar Nazar, the rider of ABHITHI, reported that his mount was inclined to stumble and hang ‘out’ throughout the race. Tr. J E Mckeown was advised to get his charge examined by the Veterinary Officer and report ailment, if any. Following the race day, the filly was examined by the Veterinary Officer and found to be lame on left fore. Tr. J E Mckeown was informed not to accept with his charge until certified fit by the Veterinary Officer.
1. ASMITA has been running only over sprint distances as she had shown a lot of speed during morning trials.
2. She had won a sprint maidens race during the last concluded Monsoon Meeting 2019.
3. I kept trying her over sprint races thinking that this was her distance that suited her but unfortunately she was not performing to my expectations.
4. This time in Race No. 102 I decided to run her over a slightly longer distance wherein she would be able to settle better early on in the race and then asked for an effort in the straight. Also to make it a little more easier for her I declared my apprentice and took 4 kgs off her declared weight which I feel helped her in her final run in of the race. However, she did give me the impression that she has her limitations going by the final verdict. I did not fancy her but let her do her best like she’s always done in all her previous starts.
5. I was happy for the owner that she won as he had bought her for a very high price. Unquote
The Stipendiary Stewards noted his explanations.